What are we up to at Tango Card?
Almost every application and SaaS platform we use today incorporates a great reward or incentive. From meeting a step goal in your company's wellness program, to completing an online or mobile survey, to referring a friend or colleague to a new service, or rewarding someone with points or credits for repeat engagement or purchase ... rewards and incentives are a key building block in our modern economy. In fact, companies globally spend $150B on these rewards and incentives today. Tango Card is leading the charge to bring this industry into the modern, digital, and mobile era. We have built an incredible digital and global catalog of rewards, we make these available to our customers via powerful and easy to use technology - primarily via our industry first RaaS (Rewards as a Service) API, and we provide incredible support to help make our customer's programs sing. We have 2,000 enterprise customers today and are backed by some incredible investors including Floodgate, FyrFly, WTI, and Innovation Endeavors.
We are a dedicated and growing team (currently 80 of us) with offices in West Seattle and Boise, Idaho and are looking for some great people to join our team. Tango Card provides a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are committed to building a diverse team of people from all backgrounds. We are looking to add a stellar DevOps Engineer to our team in Seattle, WA or Boise, ID.
Are you a creative and innovative engineer that wants to be part of a collaborative and dynamic work environment? Tango Card could be just the place where you can make a huge impact and meaningful contributions to top-notch enterprise products.
As a DevOps Engineer at Tango Card you will:
- Collaborate with software engineering to deploy and operate our systems
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments
- Have fun while doing all of this on aggressive schedules
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Provide support to the Tango Card team on a rotating 24/7 on-call schedule
Our ideal DevOps Engineer at Tango Card will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent automation scripting skills with Unix shell, Perl, Python, or Ruby
- Passionate about cloud-based and open source build/deploy technologies
- Excellent understanding of distributed web applications, scalability, and networking
- Strong understanding of web-based security and best practices therein
- Experience with Puppet or Chef modules for installation and configuration management
- Experience with Docker and Microservice technology
- Understanding of what is required to have a successful and secure CI/CD pipeline
- Experience with CI tools, Apache servers, Linux OS, and cloud architecture
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL and other databases
- Thrives in an agile environment and excited about CI, cloud-based development
- Startup experience and working on projects in a great SaaS/Cloud company
- BS or equivalent experience
People that become the most successful Tangocardians show a real fit with our values which include:
- We are transparent - we are direct, open, and honest with our communication because it helps all of us understand our business, make better decisions, and drive toward common goals.
- We simplify - we make things easier, not harder, for our customers and co-workers.
- We act like CEOs - we make the best decisions we can for Tango Card, not just what matters to us individually. We evaluate the impact our decisions will have and get things done across functional boundaries. We do what we say we will do.
- We care - we care deeply about our customers', partners', and co-workers success
- We encourage long-term value creation - we are willing to sacrifice short-term revenue for long-term value.
- We do our best work every day - we know rewards should be easy and awesome for our customers and we continually strive to deliver that experience.
What you'll get from us:
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Generous PTO and Holiday Schedule
- Hear from interesting people during our CHIPS (Chats with Interesting People Series)
- 401K matching and equity opportunities
- Dog friendly office located in the heart of West Seattle
- A Culture that fosters autonomy, creativity, ownership, and innovation